Selah is a term in the book of Psalms often thought to mean a pause or interlude. Now that we're about half way through the book--next week we'll jump into Psalm 92--it seems fitting to take our own selah. To look back over the topics, seasons, and cries of a heart we've explored thus far.
This is a great time to go over any that you missed! Or perhaps, to take notice of the ones that fit your particular season. Below I've listed topics and categories that might fit what you're going through and added the psalms we've explored that would fit your season.
Take some time to pause and reflect on what God is wanting to speak into your specific situation and season!
- Betrayal: Psalm 3
- Depression: Psalm 42
- Distress: Psalm 3, Psalm 5, Psalm 9, Psalm 27, Psalm 42, Psalm 69
- Freedom/Shame: Psalm 32
- Needing Encouragement: Psalm 4, Psalm 23
- Praise: Psalm 8, Psalm 16, Psalm 19
- Righteousness: Psalm 1, Psalm 16, Psalm 37, Psalm 39, Psalm 51
- Struggle with Sin: Psalm 1, Psalm 32, Psalm 39, Psalm 51
- Trials & Tribulations: Psalm 3, Psalm 4, Psalm 9, Psalm 27, Psalm 42
- Worn Out: Psalm 5, Psalm 23, Psalm 69